Amazing White Chocolate and Strawberry Mousse… By Lucy Simmons
July 1, 2014
A brilliant summer evening treat that my family loved. I made this because strawberries and white chocolate are my favourite things, so I thought this recipe was perfect for me and I just had to share with you all. Enjoy
- Prep: 15 mins
- Yields: 5 Medium
This recipe needs about 4 hours chilling time
1. Place half of the strawberries into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pass the pureed strawberries through a sieve into a clean bowl. Then add the lemon juice and the remaining sliced strawberries.
2. Melt the chocolate. In a bowl put 50ml of cold water and powdered gelatine and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Place a quarter of the cream in a sauce pan with the icing sugar and simmer until warm. Add the gelatine and stir over a low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the cream and gelatine mixture into the white chocolate and stir until smooth and add three quarters of strawberry puree.
5. Place the remaining cream in the bowl and whisk until soft peaks, gradually fold into the white chocolate and strawberry mix.
6. Transfer the mixture to individual glasses. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set and store the remaining strawberries in the fridge.
7. To serve add a spoonful of the remaining strawberries puree to each serving glass and add some more strawberries and icing sugar.