Pistachio & Lime Cake… Sugar Free… By Lucy Simmons
April 21, 2016
Fancy a taste explosion of zingy, zesty lime with a hint of sweetness, pushed pistachio nuts drizzled into a warm baked pistachio cake..... One of my favourites, I found myself just going back for that extra slither........
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 10 Generous
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl beat together all the cakes ingredients on a fast speed until light and fluffy, the mix won't be pale as we are using the coconut sugar, keep scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are combined. Beat for about 3-4 minutes
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, when inserting a skewer it should come out clean, it should be golden and risen.
- After 5 minutes turn out onto a cooling rack, while cooling make the drizzle as it is best to pour over when the cake is warm, mix together the lime juice and coconut sugar until there it has a drizzle like texture.
- Poke holes in the cake and pour the drizzle over the top. Sprinkle over the lightly crushed pistachios....... Enjoy.