Sticky Plum & Almond Tart… By Lucy Simmons
March 17, 2014
A sweet and fruity pudding, that all the family will love. Crisp crunchy pastry with the soft frangipan centre and sweet sticky plum flavour's everyone will enjoy! A great dessert after a long sunday lunch.
- Prep: 1 hr 55 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Yields: 12
1. Start off by making your pasty dough. Crumb together by hand the butter in to the flour, add the sugar, mix in the egg and enough milk to form a soft dough. Then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180c, roll out the pastry on a floured surface and place in a greased 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, make the cake mix putting the flour, sugar, ground almonds, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs and butter. Whisk until well blended, prepare the plums by cutting them into quarters and removing the stone.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tart case then press the plums evenly into the mixture. Scatter over the flaked almonds and cook for 40-45 minutes until golden brown or risen.
5. For the glaze. Heat the apricot jam and 1 tbsp of water in a small pan making a shiny glaze, then brush over the top of the tart and leave to cool slightly. Place the tart on a serving platter. Now its time to cut and serve with lashings of cold cream or a warm thick creamy custard.