Chocolate Orange Cake…Coconut Flower Sweet……. By Lucy Simmons
April 30, 2016
A rich chocolate, orange infused cake, delicious topped with juicy fresh orange segments......Totally yum.........
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 10 Large
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 8inch cake tin.
- In a large bowl beat together the coconut sugar, flour, eggs, orange zest, butter and baking powder until light and fluffy. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, leave to cool for five minutes before gently folding into the cake mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and spread flat. Bake for 20-25 minutes, when inserting a skewer it should come out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes then run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- To segment the orange cut off the top and bottom and peel the sides, using a knife cut into the individual segments, and squeeze the remaining juice into the bowl.
- Pour the juice over the cake and place the orange segments on top of the cake. Enjoy.